New Program coming soon by MAYA
Maya Carl is a Holistic Health Coach certified by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She has a private practice and a passion for empowering women and helping people transform their lives as a whole, while maintaining a focus on health. Having been educated in over 100 dietary theories as well as her own experience with eating disorders gut health, and hormone health, she specializes in discovering what foods and practices will help you manifest and maintain your deepest health and wellness goals. With her communications background and deep love of farming/gardening, she also coaches people on Public Speaking techniques as well as how to live a more sustainable life! Maya also has a love of expressive movement and holds free form dance workshops here at the Center. Check out her upcoming workshops and seminars to help move you forward on your health and wellness journey!
Belly dance classes at the new age center!
The world’s oldest dance, Belly Dance, is a spiritual connection between soul, mind and body. Belly Dancing differs from other fitness programs because it offers it’s practitioner a total experience of well-being, joy, freedom and most importantly, is a celebration of the feminine soul and inner spirit through movement.
Fitness(whole body exercise)
Low impact (easy on the knees and therefore people of any age and weight can dance)
– Muscle dance (as opposed to step dance)
– natural to a woman’s bone and muscle structure
– Burn approx 4005600 cal in an hour class
– Develops stamina
– Develops balance
– Strengthen the back
– Keep the spine supple
– Improve breathing
– Maintain the heart muscle
– Make you energized and uplifed
– Refreshes and recharges the dancer
– Exercises the mind
– Used in childbirth classes (shorter labor)
– Stronger personal identity
– Gain confidence in one’s body
– Celebrating feminity and feminine elegance
– Develops sensual being and grace
– Joyful, fun, stay young at heart
Performed barefoot – emphasizing the intimate physical connection between the dancer, her expression,
and the Mother Earth.
Class Schedule coming soon!